Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Final Countdown.

Time is slowly ticking by.... 2 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes, and 5 seconds 'till I leave for Mexico! I'm flying from one end of North America to the other and I'm so excited! Check out the map... I'm leave from Calgary to Cancun on Monday morning, and then I'm meeting up with everyone and taking a bus to Merida =)


Whenever I tell anyone that I am going to live in Mexico for the summer the first question is always "why??" And honestly the main reason is just to learn Spanish. I've taken Spanish ever since I was in grade nine, but I have never really had a ton of opportunities to practice it. I decided that this study abroad was perfect for me! It's only two months, but we will be speaking Spanish 24/7 (no English allowed!), living with Mexican families, and studying at a local university, so I hope to come back feeling a lot more confident than when I left! 

If you want to hear all about my life in Mexico, follow my blog (thewholeenchilada-byu.blogspot.com)! I'll post a ton of pictures (you know I love to take them) and blog about all the fun/interesting things that I learn/see/do. Comment and let me know what you think! If you want to keep in touch use facebook/skype/twitter... and I'll be using textplus on my iPod. 

Adios Canada. Hola Mexico.

1 comment:

  1. All of these tips are great, that’s very interesting. I’m so tempted to try that myself, but you would think if it were effective, more people would do it.
    Study Abroad Consultants in Chennai
    Study in Germany Consultants in Chennai
    Germany Education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete