Monday, August 27, 2012

Abandoned, Haunted Hospitals

Today was our last time at institute... so sad! I hate saying goodbye =( I made so many fun friends here! 

Kemish and Moises! Best dancers around! 

Haha Daniel! 

Zuri! Mi bebe!

Dance team for the win!

Elier! Besties =) 

David! He's getting baptized tomorrow! 

Alejandra! Aka the cutest Mexican girl in the whole world! 

So then we went to Soriana's and decided that a massage line was necessary.

... And so was drinking sparkling apple juice ;) 

Sometimes we do really random things. Mormons are the same all over the world. 

Can we please talk about their faces in this picture? Haha what was going on here?

Cheers in the middle of the mall! 

Okay. And then someone (Daniel of course) suggested that we go for a "walk in the park." I should have known better than to trust him. Instead he took us to some super sketchy part of Merida to a haunted, abandoned hospital. I had two options... either to break in with everyone else or to stay out in the street by myself. I was sooo scared but I decided to go in. If you know me, you know I hate this kind of stuff. When I was like 17 I went to Disneyland and I had to get taken out of the haunted house halfway through because I was too scared to go through the whole thing. 

Sketchy, sketchy, sketchy.... See those windows behind us? We had to break the wire and sneak in them =/

I have a really good flash on my camera so it looks bright in this picture but...

.... this is what it looked like without the flash. It was PITCH BLACK in there! You couldn't see anything at all! I had no idea what I was stepping on, what was around the corner, or what was going to happen to me. I was just concentrating on trying to breathe haha.

I ended up taking a lot of pictures so that I could see where I was. 

Everyone's making silly faces... my face is true fear.

Can we say creepy?

Pretty much I just held on to Kemish the whole time.

At this point I was asking myself what the heck I was doing in here? 

????

We hate scary things!

We even saw ghosts!! ;)

Broken glass that we stepped on in a hallway by a window. 

Climbing through the windows... almost flashing the camera. Opps. 

Much more grace without a skirt.

Evan took these pictures and they're way cool. This is where I was... Why? I have no idea. haha

Haha Bradley... Can't even see him in the dark. And, I am so mad at him because while I was going down the stairs he thought it would be funny to hide under them and then jump out and scare everyone. I don't think that I have ever screamed more in my life! I was crying after... as if the hospital alone wasn't creepy enough. 

And then we decided to go up four flights of stairs and get on the roof... another one of Daniel's genuis plans. At least there was some light up there so that made it better.

Rooftop. 

Hey! How about we all climb this giant tower? Ummmm......

I look thrilled don't I? 


Made it to the top! 

Zuri and Elier! 

View from the roof... 

Roomie pic... Kind of blurry but at this point once I could relax a little bit, I decided that it was actually kind of cool. Who else can say that they broke into an abandoned hospital in Mexico? 

Haha lovers.... he wishes. 

Nighttime. Rooftop. Abandoned hospital. Haunted.



Then we climbed back down... 

Stairwell.

I think that these were the stairs that Bradley scared us on! Ughhh! 


Peek-a-boo! We decided to explore the hospital rooms. I was obviously way freaked out though and so scared that I was going to find a body or something.

Cool graffiti. 

Sticking together... 

Another pic without flash. 

An hour or so later we decided to leave... this is what we had to break in through. Sketchy eh? 

Daniel... Always an adventure with Daniel. After this he asked if we wanted to drive to Cancun with him for the night and camp on the beach. This guy literally never stops. He annoys me to death but you can always guarantee an adventure with him. Haha I love our Mexican friends! I'll always remember this crazy night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment