Friday, August 10, 2012

Sunday Baking

We're so lucky to live with our Mexican parents because they always take such good care of us! Mama makes the most delicious food everyday for us! Mama is the cooker but papa is the baker. He loves to make sweets and his favourite is a dish called budín (boo-ding). We LOVE budín! I always rave about how much I love it and he knows that it's my favourite and so today he asked me if I wanted to make it with him. It was soo fun! Just me and him baking together =) So precious.. and it was hilarious because mama kept trying to give us suggestions and he would be like "excuse me, WE are the professionals here! We don't need any help, thank you." We kept teasing mama and it was a blast.

 My hands were the blender.

 After we finished mixing all the ingredients papa said that I had to taste it before he added the "secret ingredient." Haha I asked him why I couldn't just try it after we put in the secret ingredient and he said that I would see... So I tried it, it tasted it great, but it was missing something. Then papa goes to one of his cabinets and pulls out a huge bottle of vodka and pours it in! Hahahhaha! No wonder I like it sooo much! lol.... good thing all the alcohol cooks out. I was laughing so hard when that happened. Good old papa. He tried it after he put in the vodka and assured me that "NOW it's perfect." haha

 Waiting for our budín to cook! 

 Do I not have the cutest papa in the history of the world?

 Cookin....

Finished product! We had it for dessert after dinner today and everyone loved it =)

Recipe:

- Lots and lots of bread! It has to be a little bit old and dry though.
- Milk
- Vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 C. Butter
- 0.5 kilo - 1.0 kilo Lots of Sugar
- A little bit of salt 
- Vodka (possible to make w/o vodka) haha

Break the bread up into smaller pieces. Then pour milk all over the bread all of the bread is damp. Knead the bread so that it continues to break into smaller pieces. Then add the eggs, lots of vanilla, and few cups of sugar until it tastes sweet enough. After it's all mixed put in it a greased pan and cook it in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment