Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mayapån... The last of the ruins!

Guess where we went today? More ruins! Hahaha.... who knew there were SO MANY ruins here? I honestly wasn't too excited to go and see more rocks but these ruins were the most scenic ones we've been too! It was a pretty small site, but every structure was so beautiful. It was a great day =) 

 Group statue pic!

 The first mini temple

 Kaitlin exploring!

 Genie jumping pic

Classic stair-climbing pic

 Cody and Ryan calling Chaac (the Mayan rain god) to rain down upon us!

 Exploring the beautiful ruins.... So gorgeous eh? I LOVE how green it is!

 Lyndi and I on top of the big pyramid

 I love climbing pyramids and looking out to the end of the world

 Meditating... Mayan yoga.



 Always the iguanas...


 We found these cool guys! I hope that rope didn't mean that we weren't supposed to cross it =)

 High five!

 Ombligo/tuch/bellybutton

 Another little friend =)

 Face masks!

 Circle building for the wind gods.

 This statue reminds me of Stitch from Lilo and Stitich for some reason haha

 Elephants! Or Chaac? I dunno.... Opps. I should probably know that now after going to our hundredth Mayan ruins =) haha

 Cloud pics. Hipster.

 Y-M-C-A

Oh hey look! Two statues! Perfect for us!

 They can be our Mayan boyfriends =)

 ...Apparently they have competition with Aaron =) haha

 Mayapán!

 Paparazzi shot... what a precious little family they would make haha



 That's about all of Mayapán for ya! So pretty eh?



 Group pic!

 Classic roommate pic!

 The four amigos!

Alli, Morgan, Gayleen, Audrey, Caitlin, and I were dying from the heat and so we tried doing a rain dance for Chaac!



No comments:

Post a Comment