Friday, August 31, 2012

Adios for a while... But not for forever.


Right now I am sitting in the airport waiting for my plane and I am so sad… I feel like Merida is my home, I don’t want to leave! I always laugh at people who fall in love so fast but in just these short seven weeks I have fallen in love with Mexico. There is no place in the world more beautiful than here! These past seven weeks have been the best seven weeks of my life. There wasn’t a day that went by that Caitlin and I didn’t do something fun. Every single day when we got home, without a doubt, I always thought, “Wow… that was the best day of my life!” And I’m not sure how it happened but somehow every single day was better than the day before. I feel like everything was perfect. I don’t have a single regret, just tons of memories! In the first part of the trip we worked on getting to know the language, the city, and our family, but by the end we loved getting to know the people! I was so lucky to live with the family that I lived with! They are the coolest Mexican parents in the world. They are so so so loving and caring, but also are hilarious and fun. We always have really fun conversations together and they will always have a special place in my heart. Saying goodbye to them was horrible, but it’s not goodbye, just a see ya later! I need to come back and visit them soon. Everyone here is so amazing! The worst part about leaving is knowing that I can’t bring all my new friends with me! I made some of my best friends here, and I hope that one day I can come back to Merida and visit them.

I was so so so so so so so lucky to have Caitlin as my roommate! I never thought I would come to Mexico to meet my best friend, but I definitely did! She is my best friend soul mate or something because I don’t think that ever in the history of the world have two people ever gone to Mexico and had more fun than we have. We seized EVERY opportunity and made the best out of every moment. Caitlin has the best attitude, and is the sweetest, nicest person in the world. Somehow she was an amazing example to me while also being my partner in crime. I love her to death and I can’t wait to see what other adventures are out there for us in the future.

Ahora, cuando personas me preguntan “De donde eres?” siempre respondo con “Mérida! Soy yucateca” =) Siento que Mérida es mi hogar. Cada momento ha hecho increíble y tengo muchas memorias de mi viaje (y mas que 10,000 fotos jaja). Voy a extrañar cada cosa sobre México; la comida, la gente, la clima, las playas, la idioma y todo es riquísimo! Estoy muy suerte que he tenido la oportunidad que vivir aca. Todos mis amigos nuevos son padres y ojala que somos amigos por siempre! No puedo creer como rápido aprendí la idioma. Se que mi español no es perfecto pero he aprendido mucho en un tiempo corto. Si estas leyendo este ahora, es probable que hablas español. Avísame porque quiero practicar mucho cuando estoy en la escuela. Ojala que nunca olvido mi español! Además, quiero decir gracias a todas las personas que me ayudaron que tener esta experiencia. Estoy muy agradecida por las bendiciones en mi vida.

Thank you to everyone who helped me have this experience. It is the best thing I have ever done in my life and not only did I learn Spanish and a new culture, but I learned so much about myself and life in general. I will always remember everything I learned here. But, this is only the beginning! I can’t wait to come back to Merida and also continue travelling to as many Spanish-speaking countries as I can! I know that there are so many secrets to discover and I can’t wait to do it! Goodbye Mexico! I am going to miss you! Besos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment