Friday, August 31, 2012

I left my heart in Mexico

Every single day that I was in Mexico was better than the day before. Somehow everything was just more fun and I learned so much so just when I thought it couldn't get any better it did. Today however, that was not the case. Today was one of the worst days. We had to pack all of our stuff and then we played games and hung out with mama and papa for a while. Mama made us panuchos, our favourite food, and we just talked and talked. I was so sad knowing that I had to say good bye. So I wrote them both letters and I gave them some treats and presents that I had brought from Canada for them. They loved it and we were all crying our eyes out. Caitlin and I also gave mama and papa a picture of us with them and put it in a frame and they loved it. They put it in their office where they have pictures of all of their kids and they put it right in the front! I've never loved two people so quickly in my whole life...

I feel like we're part of the family now! 

This is one of my favourite pictures of us. The two crazies together (mama and me) and they two cute, happy ones together (papa and Caitlin).

Then Caitlin and I went to our rooms and had to finish packing. We were up all night procrastinating it because we just didn't want to leave. Then we laid in our hammocks and listened to Spanish music forever and just reminisced on all of the great times we had here. It still kind of feels like a dream to me because it was so perfect. But finally the morning came and we had to catch our bus extremely early so it was time to go....

On the driveway of my favourite house in Mexico with my favourite place in Mexico. I wasn't ready to say bye.

Then they dropped us off and left. I remember the first day in Mexico when I barely spoke Spanish and was trying to figure out how to get to school on the busses and I felt so alone and lost. But at this moment I felt more alone and lost than I ever have. It's not like Mexico is just around the corner and you can come visit anytime so I was not handling it too well.

I left my heart in Merida.

No comments:

Post a Comment