Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Watch out for Ernesto!

So today was a big day for Merida... Hurricane Ernesto swept through! There was so much anticipation for this hurricane, it was all over the news and everyone was talking about it. I've never been in a hurricane before or any type of weird weather (unless LOTS of snow counts), and so I was a little bit excited for it. A lot of people in the group though were totally freaking out, like trying to book flights out early and stuff. It was kind of ridiculous. The locals weren't worried though so I trusted them. 

It ended up being nothing... I was kind of disappointed. Just lots of rain and I little bit of wind. The streets were a little flooded but honestly if I didn't know it was a hurricane I would have just thought that it was a ruined beach day haha. Good old Ernesto....


No comments:

Post a Comment