Monday, August 20, 2012

Fast Sunday

Today was an amazing Sunday. It was fast Sunday and so we went to church for fast and testimony meeting. The second week we were here it was a fast Sunday too and I remember that a few of my friends shared their testimonies and I was so amazed and never thought that I would ever be able to do that! But today there was a special spirit in the chapel and I really felt like I should share my testimony so I did it! I was super nervous to share my testimony in Spanish because I've never spoken in front of a group in Spanish before. So I just said a quick prayer... I told Heavenly Father that I know I have a testimony and I know that I speak Spanish. Then I just asked for peace and confidence, and I can honestly say that when I got up to the pulpit to speak I wasn't nervous anymore. I immediately forgot everything that I had planned to say, but I still shared my testimony with the members in the congregation and I said everything I and the Lord wanted me to say.

It was an amazing experience... it's really amazing how the church works. It doesn't matter where you go in the world, the gospel and the faith of the members is exactly the same. Today also showed me how much I have learned here in such a short amount of time. I remember the first few weeks of church were so hard. I pretty much just sat there because I had no idea what anyone was saying. But now I actually learn a lot from the speakers, I can feel the spirit, and I participate in classes. I'm so glad that I had this opportunity to learn Spanish and I hope I never forget it!


No comments:

Post a Comment