Saturday, July 07, 2012

4th of July

Happy America Day! Or 4th of July or Independence Day or whatever you call it ;) Today was my first time celebrating 4th of July with Americans and we were in Mexico! One day I will hopefully be in America for this great day. 

We decided that we needed to Celebrate America and nothing says America like McDonalds, so we all went to Centro to eat McDonalds! American food is not cheap here! Like eight bucks for a hamburger, but it was worth it! 





Then we went to institute and learned how to Salsa! The teacher was so intense and we were surrounded by Mexicans so we had to pick it up quick! We started by learning the steps by ourselves and then went into pairs! It was a really fun night..  I still have the words "Adelante! Detras! A Lado! Vuelta!" stuck in my head... I can't get them out! The teacher was a pro salsa dancer, I'm still amazed at how he moved his hips! haha! It was fun to meet some new Mexican friends though and spend time with the members here in Mexico. I love how no matter where you are in the world, you can go to an LDS church and find people just like you! 

 We had to dance with boys on one side and girls on the other...

Attempting a spin... haha


The master in the front! 

 Look at us Salsa!

And then in parejas! I had a legit ballroom dancer for a partner so we had some sweet moves!

Typical institute building... 

1 comment:

  1. How were you able to post two videos in your post? Last time I tried to post video straight onto my blog it didn't work...

    ReplyDelete