Monday, July 16, 2012

Day at the Museum

Today for my 205 class we had to go to an anthropology museum. It was actually really cool. It was gorgeous and very elegant. Also, everything was in English and Spanish which made it easier to appreciate because I actually understood it. I learned a lot about the Mayan ruins that we have visited. I'm sure I learned it at the ruins too, I just didn't know what was going on most of the time. It was pretty neat to learn so much about Mayan history here. 

 This museum used to be a mansion but then the rich family made it into a cool museum!

Class picture =)

 We have the best Spanish teacher in the whole world. I honestly don't think that there is anyone better than her. I love her to death! She teaches us SO SO much in super fun ways! 

 The museum was really pretty! 

 Some cool jaguars from Chichen Itza

 Skulls! 

 Alli snuck her skull in the picture! 

 My beautiful friend, Lyndy


 Morgan and I rockin the stripes today....

 This board explained all about the number system that the Mayans used. Obviously I needed a picture with it! #accountingnerd I'm quite grateful that this never caught on in the rest of the world, it would make accounting a little bit more difficult!

 Hey Ryan let's take a picture! Sure, where? How about by this um... infant burial bowl? haha

 An infant burial bowl. I'm dead serious. Opps, no pun intended! Eww. 

 This was a popular spot for pictures lol

 Cuties.

 Ryan loves to take his camera and put it super close to your face and then take nasty pictures of you. Thanks bro. 

 Okay, I'll admit it. I hate museums. So does Brooke. Good thing we're on this study abroad and we can just go to the beach every day!

 So we decided to take crazy pictures instead haha 

 Tool pic in the museum lol

 Peek a boo!

 Love me some naked tomato pickers!




 The original basketball player... obviously I dig that.


 Don't touch the sculptures!! 


Any final comments? 

This book was called "The disaster of rock and roll: Michael Jackson"... wait, what? He was a pop singer and since when was he ever referred to as a disaster? 

Always a perfect way to end the day.... at Colon. We love ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment