Friday, July 20, 2012

Girls Night: 7-11 Style

Today when we got home our maid was really sad. She misses her family a lot but they live eight hours away so she only gets to see them once a month. So Caitlin and I asked her if she wanted to go out and get a treat and she was so excited! We walked around but everything was closed so we ended up feasting at 7-11! It was really fun though.

 Caitlin and I love chocolate ice cream but Mimi hates chocolate! Silly girl...

 The guys in 7-11 thought we were so weird... oh well :) My popsicle was so good!

 ... until it fell on the ground :(


They thought it was pretty funny though!

Even though it was kind of a lame little date we had fun. We talked to Mimi so much and she told us a lot about her life. We found out that her sister is getting married at the beginning of August and she wants to go back so bad but if she does then she'll have to use half of her pay check to make the extra trip. She only makes $70 a week ($10 a day) and it costs $35 to take the bus to her pueblo. So she was pretty bummed and didn't know what to do. Poor girl, she's so young and she works every day from 6:00 am - 10:00 pm, but yet she's happy to work for 10 dollars a day. So Caitlin and I talked to Laurita and Rachel and we're going to surprise her and give her the money she needs to go to her sister's wedding. To us she's like a little sister and I know that she'll love it. It's crazy to think that she was going to miss her sister's wedding, and I'm giving her less than $10 to change that.  She told me that she's going to cry so much when we leave... Poor girl. I want to bring her home with me! She can cook dinner for me every day if she wants! She makes delicious food =) I love Mimi a lot, she's such a sweetheart. I'll miss her so much when I leave too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment