Monday, July 16, 2012

TGIF

Okay, I'm moving to the beach. Today I went to the beach from sunrise to sunset and it was so much fun! We were the first ones there and so I decided that I'd take a nice, long walk along the shore. It was so peaceful and I found a ton of cool shells that had washed up over night! I got a bunch for my little cousins, they'll love them!


I loved just being lazy all day and doing nothing but reading my book on the beach! I also took a nice little siesta and swam a lot in the ocean to cool off. It was a really hot day! There wasn't a single cloud in the sky today.

 Then this creepy guy started videoing us... the news was probably doing a special on beach bums or skin cancer or something haha

 I'm reading The Lucky One right now and Lyndy kept stealing it all day! Haha it's such a great book!

 Beach bums. I'm winning for being the most tanned =)

 Conny showed up and we had so much fun hanging out with her! Aaron and her decided to make a sand castle together...

 Then he buried her.

 .... Let's pan out a little bit. Hahahah! They were just burying each other and then this old guy showed up and just stood there with his speedo forever. We were all laughing so hard!

 And then Conny buried Aaron ;)

She made him into a pregnant woman! Hahahah "Mira! Aaron esta embarazado!" jaja

Then Lyndy, Katilin, and I went to this cute restaurant on the beach. It was really fun because at this restaurant if you order just a drink they bring you out a ton of free snacks! It's a great deal. Apparently the more drinks that you order (or the more alcohol you get), the more snacks they bring you! The huge group beside us was getting tacos and huge bowls of guacamole and stuff! I need to come back with more people one time!

 Round one... 

 .... Round two! 

 .... Round three! For round four they brought us tentacles... no thank you! Also, please note how dark I am now! Thank you sun =)

 Nothing better than sipping some fresh juice and watching the ocean #paradise

Things are a lot cheaper in Progreso so I bought some cute little bowls for my apartment next year from this man. His name is Gabriel!

We stayed until the sun set... It was a great day on the beach! I'm an idiot though... on the way home I was chatting away with Conny on the bus and I missed my bus stop. So I quickly yelled "baja!" and jumped off the bus. Then as soon as it drove away I remembered that I had left all my stuff in the top rafters of the bus! I bought a ton of presents today and so I was freaking out.... I tried to chase the bus but it was too late. So I ran home and called Tyler because he was still on the bus, but he didn't have his phone with him! I was so sad and so I told mama what happened and all of a sudden she grabbed her keys and was like "Get in the car! Get in the car!".... So I jumped in and she drove me downtown to the bus station. We drove super fast and we were praying the whole time! Finally after weaving in and out of traffic, we made it to the bus station in Centro. Busses leave about every 10 minutes to the beach and so there are a ton of them. They are always full too so I was super scared that someone was going to steal my stuff even if I did find the right bus. Right when we pulled up to the bus station and there was a bus just getting ready to pull away. Mama jumped out the car, stood in front of the bus to make sure it stopped and then ran inside to tell the bus driver what happened. He told her that there was no way it would still be on the bus, but she told him that we needed to check it before he left. So she pulled me inside, I ran to the back seat where I was sitting earlier and... MY STUFF WAS STILL THERE! I was seriously sooo lucky! I couldn't believe it! Mama was jumping and it was the cutest, happiest thing ever. I'm so lucky to have her as my mama.... She'd do anything for us! I still can't believe that I found my things too. We got there in perfect time! The bus was just getting ready to pull away as we drove up! Also, my parents are going to laugh when they read this... so typical of me.

After that little adventure we came home and had dinner and then got ready to go out for the night. Conny was taking us salsa dancing and so we were so excited! Before we left we had to get a picture with mama and papa because we were all looking so cute. Mama dyed her hair today too and so she wanted to show it off ;)

 Our little family!

I just realized now how well we coordinated that night! Hahaha... rockin the navy stripes.

The salsa club we went to was called Mambo Cafe and it was sooo fun! Usually you have to pay to get in but they let us in for free because we were "guerras bonitas" haha. We were one of the first groups there though so at first it was super awkward. We were the only ones dancing, but we were still having a blast. They started out with a bunch of American-Spanish music like Pitbull, Shakira, J-Lo, etc... Then once more people showed up they started playing a lot of different, cool latin music. They had a sweet dance floor with a ton of cool lights and smoke and stuff, and then these big screens that played the music videos of the songs. After about an hour the place was PACKED! So many Mexicans on the dance floor and then our little group of gringos haha. Conny invited some of her Mexican friends though so we hung out with them a lot too. It was fun though because everyone was dancing, and they all knew how to salsa and so everyone was in pairs and we just switched it up between every song. It was sweet! I learned a bunch of new salsa moves too... I'll have to whip them out at institute next week ;) 

Our group for the night! Caitlin, Jahaziel, Me, Alannah, Daniel (aka the creepest person I've ever met!), Lyndy, Tyler, Conny, and Aaron

 Jahaziel and I! He was such a good dancer! He taught me so many fun, new moves and different types of dance like bomba and merengue!

Caitlin and Aaron... do you think he's got enough sun yet? hahaha

It was such a fun night! We stayed until about 1:30 but we could have stayed later! We were all having a ton of fun, and we found out that it doesn't close until 5 in the morning! It was really sweet dancing with people who knew what they were doing too. Mexican dance clubs are way cooler than dance clubs in America. People actually come here to dance, not to get drunk and then hook up! 

Also, just as a funny story... I danced with this one black guy who was really cool! Like how often do you run into a sweet black man who can speak spanish?? haha. But anyways, he told me his name and I somehow remembered it so I looked him up when I got home and found out that he's an MLB baseball player! He's from Cuba but he plays for the Astros. So random eh? His name's Carlos Thompson... check this out if you don't believe me http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110307&content_id=16850564&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment