Monday, July 30, 2012

Dancing in the Rain

This week school was cancelled! Our teacher went of vacation so we had no obligations all week. We ended up doing a ton of fun things too! We decided to start the week out right by going to the beach =) I went bright and early and was getting a nice tan; there was a perfect breeze all morning and so it was really comfortable. Since I've been here I've been reading The Lucky One and I really like it! I even finished it today... if anyone's looking for a good book to read, I highly recommend it! I was totally into reading it though , and I didn't even realize what was happening around me. I was just finishing the last page when I looked up at the sky behind me and saw this.....

Uh-oh! We knew that this didn't look good... 

 It was crazy how fast the weather changed today.... we were having a great time soaking up the sun when we found this nice little surprise in the sky. 

 Tropical rainstorms > 

 Brooke! We were bummed that the clouds were ruining our tanning sesh.

 We only had time to take a couple pictures and then it started down pouring! More rain than I've ever seen! 

 So we had a mini dance party...

Then the beach emptied out super quick. All the locals ran for cover and all the gringos ran into the ocean! There's nothing better than swimming in the ocean when it's raining! The water felt like a hot tub and the rain was really cool... it was so fun! We swam out really, really far (past the drop out) and then just chilled in the ocean till the rain stopped. It lasted about twenty minutes and then stopped as quickly as it came. We swam back to the shore and then we had the beach to ourselves so we played some volleyball and just laughed about how funny our life is. 

Tyler needs to tan those pasty thighs! 

 Not only are Tyler's thighs pasty but they are about half the size of mine and Brooke's legs. Haha skinny kid problems.

The rain was definitely the best part of the day! I realized recently that I always have the most fun when something happens that I wasn't expecting. For example, I usually don't ever know what's going to happen on our excursions and because I don't go with any exceptions, everything is a surprise and I'm always blown away with how fun we always have. It really helps that I'm roommates with Caitlin too because we just make the best out of everything and have a ton of fun no matter what we are doing!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment