Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Game Night

Ahh I had such a busy week! I have been a horrible blogger! But thank you to everyone who's kept reading and visiting my site. I'm going to play catch-up to today though and put everything up from this week!


Today was another great Sunday! This week we invited Mimi, our maid, to come with us to church because she gets Sunday's off, and she agreed. She told us that she didn't have any long skirts though and so she didn't know what to do. We told her it was fine, or she could wear one of our skirts if she wanted. Then last night when we got home from our excursion she was so excited to see us and told us she had a surprise for us! So we went to see what it was, and yesterday while we were at Uxmal she went to the mall to buy a new outfit for church! So precious! She was really excited to go with us and she told our mama and papa all about it. They were so happy for her because she has only worked in Merida for about a month and a half and so she doesn't have many friends here. She's from a Pueblo about 8 hours away and since she's always working, it's hard for her to make friends. She had a lot of fun with us because it was an opportunity to leave the house and do something with girls her age.

When we left the house this morning to go to the bus we saw Bradley and Thomas and they offered to give us a ride! We ended up putting eight of us in one little car! Quite comforable... haha. I'm not complaining though, it was way better than waiting for the bus!

Five girls in the back seat... 

 ... And three boys in the front seat.

Hermanas! Mimi is so cute! Younger Mexicans have a thing though where they don't like to smile in pictures... it's sad. I love their sonrisas!

Laura, Mimi (with her new skirt), and Caitlin!

Church was great this week! I felt like I actually understood what was going on this time. Last time I mostly just sat there, but today I actually participated in class, understood the lessons, and talked with other members. I think that each of those really helped me feel the spirit, and appreciate the gospel even more as I saw the same things being taught here in Mexico as in Canada as in Provo, as in everywhere. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints really is quite an amazing thing.

After church I had a nice, long siesta (might be a sunday tradition from now on). Then we had dinner with mama and papa. When dinner was over we decided to play games with them. Mama wanted to play Rummikub, and I love that game so we all got really into it! Mama told me that she never loses. Ever since I met her I have always thought that she reminds me so much of my great grandma just in the way she acts and talk and everything. But today confirmed it even more. My grandma gets super into games and will even go so far as cheating if it will help her win haha. Mama was the exact same way when we were playing Rummikub. It made me laugh and miss my great grandma! I'll have to play some games with her when I get back to Canada....

 Caitlin, Laura, Papa, Me, and Mama playing Rummy!

 This was the beginning of the "winning dance" haha

 "Take a picture of me because I am the winner!" - Mama .... Haha she's so precious.

 Mama and her girls (we all just got out of the shower so here ya go... all natural haha)

Papa and his girls. We love him to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment