Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tanning and Temple Trips

Today was sunny and hot so after school Caitlin, Tyler, Aaron, and I went to Brooke's house to hang out with her and Marie! We had such a fun day chilling by the pool, doing water aerobics, tanning, blowing bubbles, having jumping contests, dancing on the pool deck, and singing! Life doesn't get much better than this =) Brooke's family also made lunch for us and it was delicious. We ate with Brooke's Mexican sister, Monse, and she is so cool! She speaks fluent Spanish, French, and English, she's gorgeous, and just so much fun! She taught us a bunch of cool slang words and told us so many funny stories. It's really cool to talk to people our age just about normal stuff. I want to hang out at Brooke's house every day now! We had so much fun!

DELICIOUS guacamole!

Fuego Maya. Apparently it's SUPER spicy, so Caitlin and I decided to try it. It was pretty spicy, but nothing like the habanero sauce that mama makes. One drop of it is enough to turn your entire meal up a couple noches on the flaming scale.

 Lunch with the girls! Brooke, Monse, Marie, Caitlin, and Me.

 We love swimming and tanning! These are my bestest friends ever! I've never had two greater girls on either side of me before. Both of them are the biggest sweethearts but so much fun. I'm going to have a lot of great memories with these two after this trip! 

 Bigotes. Mexi stash! 

 Hahahaha! Tyler and Aaron decided to run at each other from either side of the pool and try to high-five each other. As you can see, they did make contact. But what you don't see is what happened after this... Let's just say that Tyler had trouble standing for a few minutes.

 "Do I look Asian?" - #realquote

 Cuties! I just can't get over how great of friends we all are now! 

After swimming, we came inside and got ready to go to the temple! It was sooo beautiful! I've obviously only been to english-speaking temples and so today was a whole new experience for me. It was so special to hear the prayers in Spanish and to be there with all of my friends. It made me really appreciate the blessing it is in my life to have righteous friends who are worthy to enter the temple and hold the priesthood. It really brought us all a lot closer. I also found myself really paying a lot more attention to each word in the prayers and the significance of them. It was a very spiritual experience so I'm so glad I got to go.

The temple grounds are beautiful! It's the most gorgeous building in Merida, I'm sure of it!

 Roommate pic! Every where we go! 


 Ryan and Morgan... You'll see them in this same position in a year from now. Except Morgan's dress might be a little whiter if you know what I mean? 

Oh we're taking couple pics? Don't forget Aaron and I! Hahahahaha. Save the date!

 Just to clear that up, we are just friends. We just couldn't help but teasing Ryan and Morgan haha



I love to see the temple. I'm going there some day... Photocred: Brooke Weenig


 Me, Morgan, Brooke, Marie, and our new friend, Maria Jose.

 Beautiful flowers, temple, palm tree, sunset. Perfect combo.


 The temple is really new and gorgeous! There are 7 stakes in Merida and it's continuing to grow. The members here are very faithful. 


 There are gorgeous flowers all over the grounds. Since taking floral design in college, I have been obsessed with beautiful flowers.

 Temple trip group!

Just as we were leaving the temple guess who shows up? Daniel of course! He's such a creep! First he shows up at school, then skating, and now the temple! No one ever tells him the plans either so I don't know how he finds us.

The temple was great. We had a lot of fun taking pictures after too while we were waiting for everyone. Once everyone was finished we went and got ice cream with some members and then came home and had dinner with our family. Another GREAT day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment