Monday, July 02, 2012

Pool Party

Today after school we all went to Jackie and Becca's house for a pool party! They live in a huge house and so their mom invited us all over for snacks and a pizza party! It was so much fun! We just laid in the sun all day and played in the pool. Profe came too with his family so I had a lot of fun playing with his kids in the pool.

I felt like today I got to know everyone a lot better because we talked in English the whole day. I feel like I'm not the same person when I speak Spanish, I'm a little more shy because I don't know how to be funny or sarcastic in Spanish, and I don't like to talk as much because I don't have a very large vocabulary. I'm working on learning new words every day though. Today Ryan taught me all the body parts and I think I actually remember them all! Pestanas (eyelashes) and mejillas (cheeks) were the hardest ones for me to remember for some reason!

I'm so glad that I was able to talk with everyone today! We really have a great group here in Merida. We probably have the biggest mix of people I've ever seen, all the way from different majors to different personalities, but everyone gets along really great. I love everyone in my group so much! Everyone has different strengths and talents and it's so fun to get to know people better and find out what they like to do.

They live in a super nice part of Merida with houses like this! There were some houses there that were way nicer than any house I've ever seen in the United States!

All of the houses had a chauffeur and a maid!

Eating some Mexican snacks =) 

Their mom, me, Caitlin, Rachel, and Ethan

 Los Chicos

Dominoes! It was so weird to eat American food again... I kind of didn't like it.

 "Hey Laura, take a picture of me eating"

Watermelon smile!

After we ate we turned on some music and had a big dance party! We had everything from Miley Cyrus, to Nina Bonita, to Teach me how to Jimmer, to some traditional Salsa music. It was a ton of fun. The whole time I kept looking around at everyone and couldn't believe that I was having a dance party in Mexico with all my friends. It's way too fun here!

Brooke and Marie started the part off with some partner dancing! 

Then Bradley showed us all how to get down (of course the black man can dance!) 

Then Taylor and Marie showed everyone up with their perfect salsa routine
They were pros.

So Becca and I decided to get crazy and have a dance off for Teach me how to Jimmer... I had to see if they knew how to Jimmer in Logan (BYU vs. Utah State)

Who doesn't love pool parties? Who doesn't love being with friends? Who doesn't love Mexico? Therefore pool parties in Mexico with all your friends are pretty much the most fun thing I can think of.






No comments:

Post a Comment