Sunday, July 15, 2012

Family Night en el Campo

Today Jackie and Becca invited us all over to their hacienda for FHE. Their family is super rich, this is their fourth house that we've found out about haha. It was kind of far away in a Pueblo so we had to take a taxi, but we eventually found it and it was gorgeous! A giant house out in the county with a ton of beautiful plants and places to play, explore, and hang out in.



When we first got there and were waiting for everyone to arrive we decided to play a big game of obstacle-course soccer in between all the trees. I suck at soccer, so Ryan taught me a few of the basics and it was actually really fun... then I got hit in the face with the ball and it became less fun. But all in all I liked playing with my friends and just running around through the trees.



After I got bored of soccer Tyler, Marie, and I went for a walk around the property because we wanted to explore. It was gorgeous! So much beautiful nature! A lot of little creatures too =)

 Frog pond!

 Profe's daughter, Lilly, loved playing with the frogs! We chased them all over the place.







 This field had a ton of peacocks, chickens, and roosters running around the place!

 Peacock. Spotted. 

 Marie told us that she knows how to mate with peacocks. She showed us the sound and then stuck in her tail feathers haha

 I promise that this was a real attempt! haha

 We also found a bunch of these giant caterpillars everywhere! 



 After all the exploring we went swimming for a bit to cool off... Tyler was ready before all of us! 

 Then we ordered Panuchos to the hacienda for dinner. I'll never get tired of eating Panuchos, they're my favourite food here! 

 Ryan. Rachel, Laura, Luchi, Bradley, and Alannah

Ethan thought it was so fun to be the waiter and pour water for everyone out of this huge jug. He wanted a picture so bad, so here you to Ethan ;) haha

It was a really fun night hanging out with the whole group. We hung out, ate, and then Ryan shared a spiritual thought. We sang hymns together and just bonded. I got to know everyone a little bit better today too! I think I'm going to retire in Merida and buy a sweet hacienda in the country. It was so beautiful here!

No comments:

Post a Comment