Friday, July 20, 2012

My First Mass

Today I went to my first Catholic Mass. Our Mexican parents are very catholic and go to Mass every Saturday and Sunday so we asked them if we could come this week! It was definitely a very interesting experience. I learned a lot and loved experiencing a new culture and religion. I love seeing differences, but also the similarities between each church. In the Catholic church when they have communion only the members are allowed to partake it. I thought it was pretty cool how they ate wine and tortillas for communion... definitely some Mexican influence there. I met some very nice people though and made best friends with these two little girls. They sat in front of us and kept making funny faces at me the whole time, they were so adorable so I talked to them for a while after. My first Catholic experience was definitely a success. We sang, prayed, and listened to a sermon.  I even got some holy water thrown on me so that's probably a good sign eh? 

 Our family off to Mass.. please note how Papa wears Crocs everywhere he goes (even church) ;)

Best buds :) 

Can you tell where we get our good looks from? Our Mama is beautiful! Kind of obsessed with this picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment