Sunday, July 22, 2012

Me Gusta ir al Cine

When I took my first Spanish class I think one of the first things that I learned how to say was "Me gusta ir al cine"... well today I actually went to the cine! Mexicans love going to the movie theatre and so there are a ton here! Today it rained all day so we decided to go and see our first movie in Spanish... Ice Age 4! We figured it would be best to stick with a kids movie so that we would actually understand it haha. It was definitely a success! I understood about 85% of the movie, but I always got the general idea. It was really funny too! I'm pretty sure everything is funnier in Spanish. All in all, it was a fun time. I also realized that while I was watching it I was listening to the words and automatically understanding them. I didn't hear them, translate them, and then understand them. It amazed me that I was able to do that! Getting rid of that extra step has really helped me talk with people easier and it has enhanced my ability to listen. I know I always say this, but I love speaking Spanish! Maybe I'll never watch a movie in English ever again =)

 La era de Hielo... that's us! 6:50 please! Movie tickets are soo much cheaper here. They're only $5 and the movie theatres are really new and nice! 



 They had like five different flavours of popcorn at this movie theatre! So obviously we had to try them! We had a little bit of enchilada popcorn and we also tried carmel. Both very delicious!

 The boys saved us seats while we bought popcorn and when we walked in they were sitting in every other seat so we had to sit between them haha. Glad to see the bromancers finally stepping outside of their circle haha

 Nos gusta ir al cine! Our group for the night!

 #easilyentertained

While we were waiting for the bus we saw a guy with a marquesita stand so we decided to try one! Pretty much they are these churro things filled with either nutella, cheese, or nutella and cheese. I got just nutella but it was really good. I had wanted to try one for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment