Friday, July 27, 2012

Noche Mexicana

Today after we got home from the Cenotes we were so hungry and worn out! Luckily mama had dinner on the table for us right when we got home... Mexican Chinese food! It was DELICIOUS! All my faves were there.. chow mein, beef and broccoli, sweet and sour pork, and teriyaki chicken! Even though I love Mexican food, it was so nice to have some food from home again. I haven't craved American food yet, but this definitely hit the spot tonight!

 Delicious! 

 Papa was trying to fix the remote but couldn't read  the english instructions so Caitlin helped him out.

 He was so surprised at how easy it was! Also, Caitlin looks adorable in this picture.

And even though we had just had an amazing, fun day we decided that the night was still young so we went to centro! They were having a Noche Mexicana with live music and little shops so we decided to check it out. 

 It rained a lot this afternoon and the streets were still flooded! 

 As soon as we got to centro we had to stop at our favourite store for fresh popsicles! Today I tried guanabana and it was great! They're always great =) 

Then we went to the plaza grande to wait for a girl from institue that Ryan invited. She was the cutest little Mexican girl ever! We talked all night and she taught me some fun new words. She also invited us to a dance that her stake is having on Friday night. I LOVED her!

 Let's take pictures while we're waiting! Kaitlin and Laurita!

 Ryan, Caitlin, and I in front of the grand cathedral

 Our little group for the night... Ryan's always surrounded with girls. Everyone loves Ryan! Especially the Mexicans!

 Roommate pic! Every where we go =)

 I can never get over how pretty the cathedral looks when it's lit up every night. The main square in centro is such a great place. It's the perfect meeting place, and the perfect place to just hang out.

All of a sudden these actors popped out from no where and started doing this weird presentation. They told us that only every 25 years can you get all of your sins completely forgiven.... But only if you go to their church tomorrow. Obviously I'm going to have to hit that up ;)

 Dementors. For reals. 

 Same name date! Caitlin, Kaitlin, Me (Laura), and Laurita (aka her real name is Laura but we call her Laurita because there are two of us). We didn't even plan it like this! We were laughing when we realized it though!

 We finally got to Noche Mexicana and it was fun! There were a bunch of singer/performer things and lots of little vendors all around. I love shopping and they had different things here than they do in Centro, so I bought a tripple ring and some bracelets. 

When I came to Cancun for the first time I bought a tripple ring. I wore it every day for about 4 years.... Then last year I was boating and it got caught on my tube and fell in the lake =( I was so happy when I found one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment